Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grand Canyon

Sitting up here is invisible
Alone in a private cave
Gazing upon the Vast
In this loft, this solitude
The Nothing resonates in my ears, a
Thurderous void empty of sound
I hear nothing but the wind
It tunnels within my inner ear and silently swirls
A whisper
There is no sound up here
Miles above on the small hidden ledge
Just the sound of nothing--and it rings in your ears
Loud and boisterous, a living death
The swollen ring, a deafening silence
Nothing
Nothing to hear
Up here in the air
Unable to hear the sun crashing against the rock
Listening to nothing, speaking it nothing
"How profound"
To give silence a name
Report its voice, color and sound
The silence is a constant explosion in
My center, my mind, like a roaring ocean
The never ending momentous crashing and ever hiss of
waves
It speaks
Listen
The deadness of sound is a loud gentle ocean in my ear
I can barely hear it.

No comments: